Sunday, January 23, 2022

HE IS THE VINE

     I am persuaded that neither death with its fears, nor life with its cares, nor things present with their pressing claims, nor things to come with the dark shadows, nor height of joy, nor depth of sorrow, nor any other creature, shall be able, for one single moment, to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord, and in which He is teaching me to abide. If things look dark and faith would fail, sing again the song of the vineyard: "I the Lord do keep it; I will water it every moment: lest any hurt it, I will keep it night and day." And be assured that, If Jehovah keep the branch night and day, and water it every moment, a life of continuous and unbroken fellowship with Christ is indeed our privilege.

--Andrew Murray, in Abide in Christ



No comments:

Post a Comment